MSc Finance: Retail and Investment Banking
The MSc in Finance course is a Masters in Finance for postgraduate students who are very highly level of motivation. This MSc in Finance, Retail and Investment Banking degree will take one year to complete and it is a full time course.
When you do a degree in finance, you will acquire the skills to run a company very smoothly and effectively. The course will also help to develop your understanding of accounting and finance in worldwide organisations for careers in the financial sector.
There are several top UK universities which run MSc Finance courses. These include reputable providers such as: the London School of Business and Finance, the London International University, Hull University and also Kingston University.
While you are doing a Masters in Finance, your tutor will provide you access to the International databases. They will provide the specialist statistical and database tools so you will be able to do your own research independently. You will also be given access to student resources on their websites.
Investment Banking Course
When you enrol on the MSc Finance course, there are five stages of modules to be completed.
1. The first part of the course is Business and Financial Analysis. In this part of the Investment Banking course, you will learn how to evaluate businesses to a high standard and you will also evaluate projects and budget.
2. The second module studied is Quantitative Methods. This part of the Investment Banking module will teach you the different quantitative methods for a business.
3. In the third module you will study the Equity and Fixed Income Investments. During this part of the MSc degree you will learn how to analyse concepts and techniques, and you will also learn how to identify the impact of the global financial environment.
4. The fourth module taught is all about Derivatives and Alternative Investments. In this part of the course you will learn how to write reports on your findings to a senior management level.
5. The final module for the MSc Finance Investment Banking Course is concerned with learning all about the integrative research and consultancy project.
Retail Banking Course
When you enrol on a MSc Finance Retail Banking course, there are three main modules to complete.
1. The first section of the MSc Finance course is Money and Foreign Exchange Markets. During this module you will be shown how to identify the instruments used within this area. You will also learn how to identify business clients' needs and how to evaluate strategies designed around money.
2. The second module is International Retail Banking. In this you will be taught how to describe and analyse management challenges for companies who are facing bankruptcy issues.
3. The final module of the Retail Banking Course is Financial Risk Management during which students will learn how to evaluate the nature of operational risks.
Retail & Investment Banking Careers
When you have your MSc Finance, Retail and Investment Banking degree you could choose from many careers including becoming an Investment Banker, Financial Advisor, Operations Manager or even a Financial Risk Analyst.