CIOB Courses in the UK
The Chartered Institute of Builders (CIOB) run a number of courses designed to enhance the career prospects and industry knowledge of those candidates in or considering on joining the site supervision and site management field.
CIOB Qualification Benefits
Achieving CIOB qualifications in Site Supervision and Site Management will arm candidates with the necessary skills required to efficiently manage all sizes and types of construction projects. They will have achieved a nationally recognised certificate or diploma in the field of construction which represents an ideal opportunity to further studies into higher level courses and professional qualifications. CIOB qualified candidates will also enjoy greater prospects of promotion within their current or future employment.
CIOB Course Structure
All CIOB awards have been registered with the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) at Level 3 and Level 4 of the National Qualifications Framework and are available at training centres throughout the UK and Ireland. CIOB qualifications are offered at three diploma levels with each providing a progressively deeper understanding of the construction industry and site dynamics.
Level 3 Diploma in Site Supervisory Studies (QCF) ACIOB
The Level 3 syllabus covers six core subjects as follows:
• Planning Building Operations
• Organising and Controlling Operations
• Supervising Safety in the Workplace
• Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of Onsite Work
• Working with People
• Developing the Personal Skills of Teams and Self
Level 4 Certificate/Diploma in Site management (QCF) ACIOB
The Level 4 syllabus can award candidates a Certificate or Diploma. Any 4 units being successfully completed will lead to the Certificate in Site Management and the successful completion of all 12 units will lead to the Diploma in Site Management being awarded.
• Project Planning
• Project Control and Monitoring
• Managing the Quality of Site Work
• Managing Health, Safety, Welfare and Risk Control at Work
• Managing Dimensional Control Onsite
• Developing and Managing People
• Improving Managerial Skills
• Contractual and Legal Responsibilities
• Estimating and Measuring Work
• Managing Sub-Contractors
• Managing Building Services
• Managing Technology of Modern Construction
CIOB Course Requirements
The are no formal entry requirements for the first CIOB qualification (Level 3 Diploma in Site Supervisory Studies) although it is highly beneficial for those already working within the industry or who have site supervisory experience, or those who can demonstrate that they are dedicated to studying for the qualification.